Be a Member of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce
"Why should I join?"
The Moscow Chamber of Commerce was originally formed in 1910-11. IN 1948, the CHAMBER
was incorporated as an IRS 501(c)6 and currently serves 515 members in Moscow, Latah
County and the Inland Northwest region.
The Mission of the CHAMBER is to strengthen, promote and lead the business and economic
community and support the free enterprise system while preserving and enhancing the quality
For 67 years, the CHAMBER has been an integral part of the community, providing leadership in
business, cultural, social, education and government services. The CHAMBER leadership has
come from you, the MEMBER. By being a member of the CHAMBER, you and your organization
have the opportunity to be a leader in the business community, provide leadership to future
generations and be a part of the history on the Palouse.
“How does my organization benefit?”
A. GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- Referral- The Chamber steers consumers, tourists and new residents to member businesses. By phone, email and walk-ins we provide over 1200 referrals annually.
- Networking- Make important business contracts and expand your customer base through the many Chamber functions, committee and programs.
- Business Advocacy- The Chamber focuses on issues related to the business community and places special emphasis on the needs of our membership.
- Education and Training- The Chamber works with business educators, local talent and outside sources to provide the very latest in education and training opportunities for business.
- Marketing- Whether advertising in our print publications and electronic media or sponsoring Chamber events, as a member you can cost effectively find many ways to use the Chamber to promote your organization.
- Tourism- The Chamber serves as the "front door to Moscow," directing visitors straight to your business. As a member, you are part of the "reception" moving visitors from our door to yours.
- Political Advocacy- The Chamber monitors the political activity at the local, state and national level to keep you informed of important issues.
- Community Affairs- As a member you have access to 10+ committees and subcommittees working in education, government affairs and community development.
- Credibility/Publicity- Being a member says you belong to the Moscow/ Pullman business community and helps your business stand out. Survey results show consumers are 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from a chamber member. (The Shapiro Group)
B. CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Listing in the Chamber Business Directory- Our referral source with over 5000 distributed annually.
- Website Listing and Link on www.moscowchamber.com- Our oline directory listed alphabetically and by category with over 140,000 visits every month.
- Weekly E-Mail Updates- Keeping you current on business relevant news, Chamber events and civic events.
- Invitation for ALL Employees to Chamber Networking Events- Attend General Membership Luncheons, Business After Hours, Grand Openings and many other special events.
- Brochure Display- Display racks are located in the Chamber office and available for you to stock with your own brochures or pamphlets.
- Local Job Resource Program- One call does it all! Need to hire? Call the Chamber, we will place the job advertisement on our webiste and the option to place on the Idaho Department of Labor and University of Idaho job advertisement sites.
- Referrals! Referrals! Referrals!- We refer nearly 1000 visitors, locals and businesses to our members for goods and services every month.
C. PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS
- Chamber Newsletter Feature- We will announce in our Newsletter that a new business has joined the Chamber.
- Relocation Packets- Every year we send out roughly 500 relocation/ visitor packets to potential Moscow residents. You can provide us with brochures, pamphlets or fliers of your own to be included in tehse popular packets. $10/ month
- Membership Mailing List- A complete mailing list of all Chamber members is available either in a resuable excel format. Take advantage of this great opportunity to expand your customer base. $30 Electronic List
- Moscow Chamber Minute Radio Spots- In partnership with Inland Northwest Broadcasting, all Chamber member businesses have access to 30- second radio spots. Just send us 90 words about your business and we'll get the word out. Dates subject to availability. Free!
- Monthly Business Forum Luncheon Vendor Table- The Chamber hosts a monthly forum that regularly attracts Moscow's top business leaders. Set up a vendor table and expose these community leaders directly to what your business has to offer. $25/ Luncheon
- Website Banner Advertisements- Get your business noticed! The Chamber website attracts over 10,000 visits per month and a banner ad on the main Chamber webpage really gets the message out. $150/ month
- Business After Hours- The Chamber invites your business to host a Business After Hours! We will assist in planning and promote the event for you. This is a unique opportunity to bring community members into your business and to make valuable networking contacts. All After Hours events are promoted by the Chamber through a membership email, press release and newsletter feature. Contact the Chamber for more information. $350/ Event
- Moscow-Pullman City Map- Out map is a collaborative effort between the Moscow and Pullman Chambers, and is distributed to over 20,000 of your potential customers. It is a highly effective advertising tool that comes with a 12-month shelf life. Contact the Chamber for more information.
Moscow Chamber of Commerce Membership Dues
(2 part time = 1 full time employee)
2-5 Employees- $220.00
6-10 Employees- $300.00
11-20 Employees- $460.00
21-30 Employees- $600.00
31-40 Employees- $650.00
$50+ Employees- Negotiated
Financial Institutions: Commercial Lenders- $1000.00Non-Commercial Lenders- Fees per Schedule I
Professional/ Per Firm+ Associates- $235.00 + $70.00
Educational Institutions- Negotiated